Take our cricket quiz on past England v India Test series before the upcoming one starts on Wednesday 25 July.
Our cricket quiz goes back a while with some of the question while others are far more recent. Anything above 7/10 is deemed pretty good.
1. Which England batsman scored 333 against India in 1990?
2. England emerged with huge credit in their 2005-6 tour of India, drawing the 3-game series 1-1 after winning the Third Test. Which England player reluctantly opened the batting alongside Andrew Strauss in that Third Test?
3. In 2007 India came to England and won the Series 1-0. Which India player scored his maiden Test century 17 years after his debut in the drawn 3rd Test at the Oval?
4. India beat England in the First Test in December 2008 in Chennai shortly after the Mumbai attacks. Which England player made his debut in that match?
5. England won the Second Test of the 2012-13 Tour of India before also winning the Third and going on to draw the Fourth, winning the Series 2-1. They went into the match with three spinners: Graeme Swann, Monty Panesar and…
6. It’s always his Ashes contributions people talk about but Ian Botham’s highest-ever score in a test was against India at the Oval with 208. What year?
At the start of the 1992-3 Series England manager Keith Fletcher said of an Indian spinner: "I didn't see him turn a single ball from leg to off. I don't believe we will have much problem with him." He went on to take 21 wickets in three tests. Who apparently didn’t spin the ball?
On Test debut in 1996, which Indian batsman made 131 at Lord’s in a Drawn Test that also saw Jack Russell score a first innings 124?
3rd Test at Edgbaston in 2011, which England go on to win. Sachin Tendulkar is on 40 in the second innings. In which unusual way did he get out?
Who is the oldest member of India’s Test squad for the upcoming Series?